Kashmir willow bats are harder and heavier than English willow bats. However, they are reasonably priced and made from Willow trees grown in India. An average English willow bat weighs around 1150-1300 grams while an average Kashmir willow bat weighs around 1250-1350 grams.
They (Kashmir willow bats) are an ideal option if you are seeking a reasonably priced, good quality bat for use at tournament levels or recreational purposes.
English willow bats have higher moisture content, are generally whiter in color and are priced higher as well. They are used by a number of international and top club players all over the world.
The key differences between Kashmir and English willow cricket bats are:
- Kashmir willow comes from India where the soil is much drier
- Kashmir bats use a raw material which is much heavier - the nature of wood
- Looks –the grains of Kashmir willow are more embedded
- The Punch and sound is different between English Willow bats and Kashmir willow bats
- English Willow is softer in nature
- The moisture content in Kashmir Willow bat is greater
- SM get all their raw material from the number one supplier
- Kashmir willow is getting more expensive as the Government are trying to protect the use of the raw material; hence price is gradually going up.
- The sweet spot (punch) is less dynamic compared to English Willow cricket bats
Show me English Willow Cricket Bats
Show me Kashmir Willow Cricket Bats